Enabling the Switch To Relatives feature offers the following advantages:
- End-users can quickly navigate from one variant of a document to another, as illustrated by the following examples:
- Immediately find the right version of the documentation for a specific product.
- Technical documentation is often available in English. When translations in other languages are available, the Switch To Relatives feature helps end-users become aware of all existing translations.
- End-users can easily compare two (or more) different versions of a document.
The Switch to Relatives feature makes it possible to quickly switch from one variant of a document to another by selecting metadata values from a menu in the Title bar of the Reader page.
The functionality relies on two different kinds of metadata, both of which must be present in the content itself:
- The pivot metadata that must have the same value throughout the document set.
- The switch metadata that will be used as menu entries.
Users with the
PORTAL_ADMIN user role can define both types of metadata.
The following example shows how the Switch to Relatives feature can allow end-users to switch between the same document in different languages:
Enable and configure the Switch to relatives feature
The following topics provide more information about enabling and configuring the Switch to relatives feature: