Selecting Pretty URL in the Knowledge Hub section of the Administration menu displays the Pretty URL administration interface where, ADMIN and KHUB_ADMIN users can configure a rule engine that automatically generates pretty URLs for the following types of content:
- Structured documents.
- Unstructured documents.
The Pretty URL administration interface is composed of the following sections:
- A section to define pretty URL templates for documents.
- A section to define pretty URL templates for topics.
- A section to manage URL normalization.
Once an administrator has defined templates, Fluid Topics displays pretty URLs in the following locations:
- In the browser's address bar when users view content in the Reader page or the Viewer page.
- Whenever a user shares a document's or topic's link to provide an at-a-glance preview of what the content is about.