To configure a secured connection using the HTTPS protocol, go through the following steps:
- Create a Jira ticket with the domain name set up via the DNS.
- Antidot will generate a private key to encrypt/decrypt data sent between the server and the connecting clients.
- Antidot will generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) containing information about the domain name, along with additional data. Antidot will sign this CSR using the private key.
- Antidot will provide the CSR as an attachment to the Jira ticket.
- Get an SSL/TLS certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) using the provides CSR.
- Create a new Jira ticket containing the SSL/TLS certificate.
- Antidot will configure the web server(s) hosting Fluid Topics to use the SSL/TLS certificate and private key for encryption.
- Both the customer and Antidot will check that the SSL/TLS setup works properly by visiting the Fluid Topics tenant using HTTPS to verify that the padlock icon confirming that the connection is encrypted does appear.