Welcome on board
Are you new to Fluid Topics? Welcome on board!
The Fluid Topics Content Delivery Platform reinvents technical content publishing in the following ways:
- Transform technical content from any source and any format into a smart, unified knowledge hub.
- Deliver actionable information that is tailored to the user and suited to the channel.
- Open limitless possibilities with APIs and integrations.
Get an introduction to Fluid Topics in this video:
Find and view
The Fluid Topics user journey encompasses the following core components:
- The Turnkey portal.
- The search engine.
- The Reader page.
Depending on whether you are logged in, and according to your role, you will be able to:
- Use the powerful semantic search engine to find what you are looking for.
- Use facets to filter your search results.
- Navigate results and documents.
- Administrate most aspects of your tenant, including specific vocabularies to improve searchability.
This page offers a quick presentation of the Turnkey Portal.
A video presentation is also available here:
The Fluid Topics User Guide provides essential information about topics such as the following:
Administrators can find helpful information in the Fluid Topics Configuration and Administration Guide.
Combine and publish
The invisible side of Fluid Topics is called the Knowledge Hub. This is where administrators can manage metadata and publish content through any source and in any format.
The administrator needs to be logged in and assigned the appropriate roles in order to:
- Publish structured or unstructured content.
- Add, align, modify, enrich and clean metadata.
- Create automatic links between documents.
- Create and manage security and access rights.
- Integrate Fluid Topics with your own applications, CRM, or other support tools.
This page offers a quick presentation of the Knowledge Hub.
A video presentation is also available:
Explore key documentation:
- Publish Content in Fluid Topics
- Enrich & Clean
- Related Links
- Switch to Relatives
- Manage Security in Fluid Topics
- Manage Pretty URLs
- Integrate the Fluid Topics API
The following technical notes explain how to upload content in different formats:
- Upload DITA Content to Fluid Topics
- Upload Author-It Content to Fluid Topics
- Upload Unstructured Content
- Fluid Topics Connectors at a Glance
Dive deeper with a large selection of additional technical notes dedicated to managing content in the Knowledge Hub.
Craft and share
Discover the best way to engage your users and allow them to make your content their own.
Users need to be logged in to a user account in order to create personal assets.
Some examples of creating personal assets include:
- Bookmarking content.
- Saving a search and creating an alert.
- Creating and managing Personal Books.
- Creating and managing a set of documents with Collections.
- Providing feedback and rating content.
This page offers more information about how your end users can reap the most benefit from your content.
A video presentation is also available:
The Fluid topics User Guide provides essential information about the following:
Links in Fluid Topicss
There are several strategies for managing links to content stored in Fluid Topics. Some examples are available here.
Meanwhile, the most intuitive way for users to share content is to copy and paste the URL that is in the browser's address bar. Sometimes, this URL looks like a secret code, with a string of numbers and letters that are meant to be read by a machine. At other times, the URL is easy to read for a human user. When the URL's text is self explanatory, it is called a Pretty URL. Pretty URLs are created automaticaly by Fluid Topics or defined in the source documents.
Measure and analyze
With Fluid Topics Analytics, it is possible to know precisely how end users are interacting with the content.
Analytics are available for users with the
ADMINrole(s), who can access the following tools:
- A dashboard to monitor Fluid Topics activity.
- A search dashboard, with terms and facets used, including searches with no results.
- Document heatmaps, content usage by metadata, and most popular documents.
- Ratings at the topic level and at the document level.
- Traffic analysis, sessions, countries and browsers used by end users.
- API calls.
- And much more to come.
This video presentation provides an overview of the Fluid Topics Analytics engine's capabilities:
Here are some resources to deepen your discovery of Fluid Topics:
- The list of supported browsers.
- Screencasts created by the Customer Success team.
- The latest release note.
- The Fluid Topics Help Desk.
- The Fluid Topics Help Desk quick start guide.
- The Fluid Topics How-to's.
- Fluid Topics features "At a Glance".
- Interested in integrating Fluid Topics ? Have a look at the developer's hub, and the Fluid Topics REST API integration examples.
- Training courses (Authenticated users only).
Lastly, here are some documents focused on specific topics:
- Empower metadata with Fluid Topics.
- Enrich and clean metadata.
- Manage dates in Fluid Topics.
- Manage editorial types in Fluid Topics.
- Manage images in Fluid Topics.
- Manage map attachments in Fluid Topics.
- Manage languages in Fluid Topics.
- Manage content access rules in Fluid Topics.
Feel free to browse the Fluid Topics documentation portal and explore additional resources.