The Enrich and Clean interface allows users with the ADMIN or KHUB_ADMIN role to perform the following actions:
- Generate new facets using existing metadata and taxonomies
- Cleanse metadata
- Remove duplicates
- Reorganize the tagging scheme matching custom taxonomies
- Create hierarchical facets
Selecting the Enrich and Clean tab in the Knowledge Hub section of the Administration menu displays the Enrich and Clean administration interface.
As its name suggests, the Enrich and Clean feature is used for two main types of operation, both focusing on establishing a neat order in the facets generated from document metadata:
For example, there can be scenarios where different authors use different terms to refer to the same metadata value. In a large team, it can happen that authors refer to version 7.0 of a product as, for example:
As facets are created based on the metadata extracted from the documents, it is important to unify the above values and remove the logical duplicates. As the preferred value is 7.0, a synonym dictionary is used to teach Fluid topics that:
7.0=(v7.0, v7, 7.0.0)
Fluid Topics offers you various options to further enhance your metadata. One example of metadata enrichment is establishing hierarchical order in your facet values. It is highly useful if there are multiple values for the same facet:
Selecting Administration > Knowledge Hub > Enrich and Clean displays the Enrich and Clean interface as follows:
- The New enrichment button is used to apply a taxonomy to an existing facet.
- This link points to the Back Office where taxonomies can be created, modified, or consulted.
- This column displays the name of the original metadata.
- This column displays the name of the taxonomy applied to the metadata.
- This column displays the name of the newly generated metadata.
- The checkbox in this column is used to set the newly generated metadata as a hierarchical facet or not.
- The checkbox in this column is used to define if the newly generated metadata displays (by default) or removes (if checked) values that have not been entered in the applied taxonomy.
- The "x" button is used to delete the metadata enrichment.