Fluid Topics supports all types of Unstructured Documents and fully indexes the vast majority of them. Full indexing lets users search for information contained in the title of the document, within the text of the document, within the descriptions of images, and within the description added in the FluidTopicsControlFile.xml Control File.
The following types of Unstructured Documents benefit from full indexing:
- XML for XML indexing,
- PDF for PDF indexing,
- HTML for HTML indexing,
- POWERPOINT for Microsoft presentation indexing (.ppt),
- EXCEL for Microsoft spreadsheet (.xls),
- RTF for Rich Text Format indexing,.docx
- TEXT for plain text indexing,
- WORD for Word document indexing (.doc and .docx)
- OO_TEXT for OpenOffice document indexing (.odt),
- OO_SPREADSHEET for OpenOffice spreadsheet indexing,
- OO_PRESENTATION for OpenOffice presentation indexing,
- IMAGE for Image indexing based on EXIF, IPTC or XMP,
- DOCX for Office Word document from 2000 version,
- XLSX for Office Excel document from 2000 version,
- PPTX for Office Powerpoint document from 2000 version.
For other supported formats (e.g., videos) Fluid Topics indexes their title and description, but not other text. Adding keywords to the description of these documents can help users search for them successfully.